Output tube radiation exposure - thoughts?

Anyone out there give much thought to vacuum tube radiation exposure, especially the larger transmitting styles? I'm not sure what distances constitute a potential hazard and taking into account the effectiveness of standard tube cages if present. I recall it was considered a serious topic by some but not all of the ship's radio operators I sailed with in the past. Your impressions / experiences pls.
vonhakemarine
Yup, A1marg is correct.

Audio equipment does not operate at UHF (Ultra High Frequencies) or related energies. No sweat man - only if you listen to "COSMIC OPERA" with a freq range of 2250 kHz to 10 gHz on a 100, 000 watt system with your head up against the transmitter dish - yikes!!
09-20-09: Viridian
I use tube gear and am unable to have children, so yes, I would say that there is a definite correlation.

Viridian, LMAO! Wait a minute.....that may explain why my children each have 12 fingers.......
When I listen to my tube amps I usually go into the next room to avoid those issues.
I thnk it has more to od with the voltage the tubes operate at, rather than the frequencies they are amplifying. I don't think there is a problem unitl you start getting into much higher voltages than any audio amplifier uses, But at those voltages, tubes can emit Xrays. May be an issue with CRTs, not sure.
Those audio frequencies are probably a lot less worrisome than the computer you answered on, especially if it has a CRT.There is more stray radiation on the power lines in the wall above your head,or that lamp cord when you sleep.