A true believer

I like to look at the pictures and descriptions of the various systems belonging to our fellow Audiogon members. Personally I admire the most humble system. But some times I see one that just leaves me shaking my head in amusement.

I was looking at the featured systems today and found one that consisted of three components that reproduced music. A cd player ($7700), a integrated amp. ($4000), a pair of speakers ($10,500). Total $22000. A very nice system. But, and I mean BUT, another $71,431 in cables, tweaks, stands. Things that sometimes in the tiniest increments help in the reproduction of music.

Just saying.
agaffer
Frogman- It's funny that the subject of Stereo Repuke came up before my post. I was going to suggest, that we had entered a time warp, or that Julian Hirsch(of, "Everything-Sounds-The-Same" fame) had been resurrected, and was haunting those of us with even a modicum of auditory accuity. The idea that Stereo Repuke, "proved" ANYTHING, is simply H I L A R I O U S!
'The idea that Stereo Repuke, "proved" ANYTHING, is simply H I L A R I O U S!'

well, if the golden ears could not distinquish between amps with a price differental of tens of thousands of dollars, what conclusion do you draw? other than amusement.
Whose, "golden ears" were those again? OH YEAH; the deaf & dumb that wrote for Stereo Repuke! Especially notable; Julian Hirsch, who stands out as one of the biggest jokes of all time, with regards to Audio Journalism. I subscribed to that rag, simply to keep up with what was going on in the mid-fi market. After his statement(and I quote), "I never listen to live music, but- I have a pretty good idea, what it sounds like", I NEVER read the rag again. That HAD to be the most thoroughly ridiculous statement I'd ever come across, in ANY audio commentary. As I said; The idea that Stereo Repuke proved ANYTHING, is simply HILARIOUS!
OOPS! MY BAD! Had they ACTUALLY been DUMB; the World of Audio Journalism would have been much better off.