Interesting Ads

This guy seems to have some very interesting stories - traveled with the Dead, goes all over the world... Impressive.

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/mark-levinson-no-326s-preamp-new-in-sealed-box--2
chayro
Actually, I wasn't impressed with any of it. I just found it very unusual that a seller had to go through his life story to sell you some hifi equipment.
Chayro, "I just found it very unusual that a seller had to go through his life story to sell you some hifi equipment."

Indeed. Then again, as he's selling at a price that makes one wonder why they wouldn't just go to their own dealer, I guess he felt his prose required extra effort. In a perverse way, all of his BS reminds me of "The Most Interesting Man In The World."
Personally I'd run like heck from this guy in fear of him slapping a surcharge on his asking price for the privilege of dealing with him.
jmcgrogan: "jon voight's car"=post of the week. my kudos. anyway, mr. travels-with-the-dead does have a long, legit (positive) sales record, so i maintain he's earned the right to be as weird as he chhoses in his ads, and i wish him well on his journey.
"I actually stopped selling on Audiogon because I got so tired of some of the people giving me their whole life story."
Too funny.