ICs for Supratek Pre

I am expecting my Supratek Chardoney to arrive in the next month or so and had a question for Supratek owners regarding ICs between pre and amp. My amp is a Bryston 4BSST and Bryston recommends balanced inputs; Mick is putting balanced outs on the Chardoney (I doubt these are truly balanced), but recommends RCAs. I realize that I will likely have to compare to determine what sounds better, but I was hoping for some advice on what the better bet is when faced with this situation. Thanks.
boschtb
Oh.. and if the Supratek has XLR output, I guarantee its not a truly balanced signal. Just get used to using RCA as long as you have the Supratek. I wouldn't trust the XLRs.

I agree that XLR's are cooler but truth is single ended cables sound just as good as long as the cable length is kept to a minimum.
Bwhite,

I have a Cortese on order and Mick has assured me that its XLR outputs generate a fully balanced signal. I understand that you had some problem with Mick's XLR connections awhile back, but that was quite some time ago. I think those issues have been addressed in subsequent preamps.
Hi Jazzdude, Mick is the man and if he told you he's doing fully balanced then he must be - I know the Cortese has come with XLR outputs for a while now but this discussion was regarding the Chardonnay.