Have you ever deceived your wife-audio purchase

This could lead to a hysterical thread. How many audiophiles have come home with an expensive amp/preamp/and told their wife they bought it for practically nothing? Only to have paid 3-4K they had in their private stash? How many audiophiles have secretly installed a new "toy" in their audio system thinking their wife wouldn't notice. My old girlfriend thought anything beyond a boombox was excessive. Whenever I would upgrade my system,I would come up with some far fetched tale(lie) Would love to hear your story.......
Ag insider logo xs@2xkrelldog
My buddy's wife thinks he paid $150 for his entire $9,000 Teres based turntable rig! I am waiting for that day that either her or their kids to accidentily bump into it, break the stylus, tonearm or knock the turntable off it's platform (it's almost 5 feet up) and then tell him something like - "Junior and his friends were playing around your turntable and broke it, here's $150 so you can go buy a new one..." ;-) Lies will cost this guy big, Big, BIG!!!
"look goddamnit take your foot off my neck and let me have some joy in my life, I don't ask for much...can I live, can I breathe...?"

And 'til is day we have never had problem since.
to answer the question, "No." Never lied about buying stereo stuff... I did figure out a way to buy stuff I wanted however... Like one time I bought her a circular saw. She said "Thank you, but I cant' use that!" Oh, I'm sorry honey... then I'll use it till you can." I replied.... that didn't go over too awful bad but getting her a tablesaw I thought was just pressing my luck too much.