Have you ever deceived your wife-audio purchase

This could lead to a hysterical thread. How many audiophiles have come home with an expensive amp/preamp/and told their wife they bought it for practically nothing? Only to have paid 3-4K they had in their private stash? How many audiophiles have secretly installed a new "toy" in their audio system thinking their wife wouldn't notice. My old girlfriend thought anything beyond a boombox was excessive. Whenever I would upgrade my system,I would come up with some far fetched tale(lie) Would love to hear your story.......
Ag insider logo xs@2xkrelldog
"look goddamnit take your foot off my neck and let me have some joy in my life, I don't ask for much...can I live, can I breathe...?"

And 'til is day we have never had problem since.
to answer the question, "No." Never lied about buying stereo stuff... I did figure out a way to buy stuff I wanted however... Like one time I bought her a circular saw. She said "Thank you, but I cant' use that!" Oh, I'm sorry honey... then I'll use it till you can." I replied.... that didn't go over too awful bad but getting her a tablesaw I thought was just pressing my luck too much.
Not necessarily deceived but, did not tell her about the transaction until I sold the piece that it replaced. I am one of the lucky ones though. I have a wife that is OK with these purchases because she knows how cheap I am. Also, she doesn't go crazy with CC so we don't get in trouble... I wonder, however, about those wives who give hubby a bunch of crap about how they can't hear the difference between a boom box and his 10K gear then goes out and spend $500 on a pair of shoes because she needs (actally wants them). I am married 28 years to the same wonderful woman..

Eagleman
Well I feel sorry for those that must deceive. We have 3 checkbooks in our house mine, hers and the household. We share household expensises equally after that what is hers is hers and what is mine is mine. My only mistake was making the prommise that I would not buy another piece of equipment untill I was out of debt. Now if i so much as look at a piece of gear I get the look. I do tell her about all of my purchases as I feel it is only right. I added a Soundbridge and a 400GB hard drive to the system this spring with a portion of my bonus and still got in trouble. It wasn't for the purchase of the equipment or even the amount spent $400.00 total but that dam promice.

Have fun.