Moving to UK, what to do?

I am potentially moving to the UK and like everyone else here, I have lots of equipment and plenty of expensive powercords. I currently use several PS Audio ultimate outlets which apparently are not easily converted to UK standards. All of my other equipment can be changed to 240V without too much hassle. I am currently thinking of buying a PS audio Power Director in the US. It automatically detects 120V or 240V and adjusts accordingly and I would be able to utilize all of my current power cords. I am not terribly familiar with other power delivery systems, but would be curious if there are others that would be easily be transferred to the UK. Also, does anything take in 240V and spit out 120V? That would eliminate even another step in the moving process. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated...
cmrctrader
Very interesting posts I will face similar problem in some foreseeable future.
Seems it would be not worth for me to send my power amp to manufacturer in the future to change them form 110V to 220V for $400 if I can buy 2kW step down transformer for $200. (On the second web page I have even found 2kW for $89!
I have question though:
Is it the some to replace transformer inside amp, and to connect amp through one more step-down transformer, for the sake of sound quality?
Now using your step-down transformer power is traveling through 2 transformers, can you here any difference?
or if possible, if you are there for a limited period of time, store your greatest possessions, and get a set up like the brits do, an affordable integrated, digital front end, speaker etc....and jam away, without worrying about conversion issues. If you are the type of audiophile I suspect, I am sure you would not mind plunging $1,000 in equipment, which you can enjoy and sell off through classified there. The brits seems to be all into that sort of affordable set up, maybe because they are cheap, or because most cannot afford anything more expensive, because, how it was well said, hi end is taxed to death there. I am sure that if you are a regular guy, you will be spending hundreds of USD just in shipping and let us not even talk about damage and hassle potential. So, I would take that course. Leave your gear safe, maybe in your relative's place. Go to GB, enjoy the sounds and sights, and do as the brits do. That is the best way perhaps solve this issue. Check HIFI choice etc...and you will know What I am talking about.

Recommend: Those used A21 Sudgen class A integrateds. They will sound smashing eventhough you might get a decades old unit. Pair it up with an Epos or another minimonitor and you WILL be in heaven. Doubt you will miss your behemoths. If I were you, I might even looking into esoteric European gear that is overpriced in the States as an interesting option. For this sort of gear, I would check HIFI plus, if I am not wrong, that has the same size as a Stereophile magazine, but it has a harder cover and it is not as shiny. They have GREAT reviews of excellent sounding and looking gear there.

Paul
The PS P300 can be internally reconfigured (quite easily, I was told by PS Audio) to accept 240V and still output 120v. In fact the factory rep said this was actually preferable since the unit would be getting balanced power at the input. That way, for components running off the P300, you only need to get a single power cable with a UK male end and an IEC female end.
I second the PS Audio power plant but go for the P-500 or the older P-600, There is a switch inside the unit and that's it! no new power cords needed, and why your at it bring along a few good receptables like PS Audio power ports and you'll be dialed in. Make sure when you ship your equipment you pack all gear in double boxes with 3 inches of foam between first box and second box to avoid any hassels with insurance, also take pictures of items packed so if there is a claim you got the proof that items were packed properly. Good Luck!
Moving to the UK?

I hope you like to eat breakfast and Indian food...otherwise, I hope you are a real good cook.......