Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Dyson fan was actually louder then the one I bought. Picture this:

Middle of Bed, Bath and Beyond with people staring at me. Shut off all the fans first to listen to which was quietest, then eventually pulled the one I bought and the Dyson out and found the quietest spot in the store with outlets accessible. Pulled out my trusty spl meter and fan both fans at high, medium and low. The Dyson was louder and more importantly, louder at a higher frequency so way more audible. The one I bought was quieter at all 3 speeds and its tone was much lower and thus easier to mask with normal music playing. I almost bought both to do frequency sweeps on them at home, but I realized how insane that truly was....

And, the Dyson doesn't move nearly the air that the other turbine type do. So it was moving more air, at a lower frequency and more quietly. So I bought it.

It's certainly not silent, but on low speed with music playing at reasonable volumes I can't hear it. Of course, it's killing my noise floor. But until I figure out an AC solution it's fine. Especially for $65- compared to the Dyson at like $300-
06-14-15: Mattnshilp
Can anyone provide a list of speakers with the following characteristics:

1st order crossover
Time and phase aligned
Either sealed enclosure or front or bottom ported. Not rear ported.
Shorter then about 55", not more then about 20" deep.
Reference or statement product

I have a mental list. But I'm curious to see if I'm missing any.

I'm not necessarily using this as a be-all end-all requirement but it's a category to look at......

Matt, do you hear things from those design elements that appeal to your ears? I do and have gravitated to speakers with 1st order x-overs along with time and phase alignment and transmission lines (meadowlark...RIP...along with Dale Pitcher's speakers;;;including Essence, Intuitive Design, and now Mosaic). Guido, I also a fan of GMA.

The monitor/sub thing may be the shizzle in your room....I like that idea too. What monitors are you considering.....
Agear, I respect a man who can use 'shizzle' in a sentence!

I'm in new territory with top tier monitors. I liked the Perfect8 Cubes quite a bit. I looked at the Kiss from Vienna - it's basically the top mid/tweeter section of my Muzik with one 9" woofer. And although I don't like any of the others, I do think the Raidho D1 is a good monitor.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Matt, Raidho speakers tend to like largish rooms, and lots of space behind them... They can be challanging to set up... overexhuberant mid bass is not unheard of.

G.
Matt, that was a blast meeting up. I do wish you were there in the later part of the day. You'll hear what they really can do when when Johnny has time to get them up and running with your gear and warmed up. Hopefully we can get Richfield up there too. Great grinder/pizza shop down the street too, lol. This should be an interesting search that is transpiring.