Perreaux 350P

Anyone have any experience with this amp? Thoughts on driving N802's with it? Thanks
arthursmuck
Sanibel will distribute Perreaux through Speciality Audio Retailers. Audio Advisor is an e-tailer and catalog company. They were buying direct and selling at less than wholesale. The new prices reflect real world pricing for this fine product. Watch for the latest offerings which will be completely revolutionary to the industry.
Hi-Fi: Thanks for the clarification, but i'm almost sorry i asked. You should have pointed out your affiliation before having to be asked. Sean
>
The Perreaux products I heard in the past lacked dynamic contrasts.. well there were not any. Thin to the point of being anemic.These in tow of B+W's would create laser burn around your ears..Sounds as if a dealer may have gotten 120 day billing on stock items and 180 days on the store demo's..Tom
Tom: I agree. Some early Perreaux models were thin almost to the point of being anemic sounding. They re-designed the power supply / manipulated internal impedances and things really warmed up a lot. After that, it would appear that their amps went through many design revisions. While i haven't heard the latest models, i specifically remember Art Dudley mentioning that a small speaker system at one of the shows sounded very good and had incredibly powerful and controlled bass response. The amplifier being used? Perreaux.

A local dealer here in Chicago had some newer models in a few years ago. Upon initial firing up, they would pop the breakers on the circuit. After the initial in-rush surge, he could then reset the breakers and the amp would fire up normally. His primary comments on the amps when i asked him about them were "the most thunderous bottom end i've ever heard from any amp ever. Phenomenal impact".

Obviously, some things have changed over time. Sean
>