What is the amp for magnepan's: tube or solid?

I have a mesa baron amp, and have been thinking about a bryston to replace it. I buy used equipment only. I would like to get more bass, and have thought about a sub, B&W. Would a Bryston amp add more bass?
jayoo
I recently heard the 3.5 with the Rowland Concentra II and they sounded marvelous. We also listened to the EAR 509 100wpc tube amps which were not quite as tight in the bass but very similar in many ways. The maggies need at least 100wpc to come alive. They have also sounded good with the Bryston 4BST, ARC D300 ss amp and Sonic Frontiers SFS80, but the latter at 60wpc was too polite in the bass. Jallen
Hold it, Tireguy. I did believe the Parasound was superior--until I received the Classe back from the factory and it had been upgraded. The upgrade took it to a level that went way beyond what the Parasound can accomplish, I think. I will put the Parasound back into double-check, but I don't believe it has the same power reserves, finesse, and control. This is not to say it isn't an excellent amp and may well be able to power a more modest speaker like the 3.6.
Also, Tireguy, I believe it's somewhat misleading for you to ascribe to me your decision to procure the Parasounds. It would be nice if I enjoyed that kind of persuasive power, but I believe a certain Oregonian may have had to do more with it if I'm not mistaken.
I had Maggie 3.6's with Bryston 7B-ST's. It's an awesome combo. Maggie's love power, and power will help with the bass.

I also supplemented with a REL sub.

The biggest surprise to me vis-a-vis the bass was the addition of a Maggie/Cardas wire kit. The improvement was jaw dropping. Mye stands help too, but not as much.

Good luck,

Rich
Hey Gladstone, sorry about that- I was quite harsh with out cause, add 6 pints of Guinness to that and well you see what happened. Let's not turn this into the DarTZeel thread though :^) I am swamped right now, but I will call you before the weeks out.