Amplifier suggestions for home theater

Hi all,

I have a Fosgate FAP-T1 processor feeding three Rotel amplifers...RMB-990, RMB-980, RMB-100. The 990 is front L&R, the 980 is surrounds, RMB-100 feeds the center channel. Speakers are Vandersteen 2CE signatures for the front L&R with Vandersteen 2w subs(a pair with the 2CE's), Vandersteen VCC-1 Center, Vandersteen VSM-1s for the surrounds. Also have Vandersteen V2W for the LFE channel. I would like to upgrade to an amplifier to drive the front speakers. I don't know if I should try getting a uses 3 channel amp or a Five channel and sell off the other amps. I listen about 50% music and 50% movies. I would like a very musical sounding amplifier and budget is about $1500.

I don't know if getting a stereo amp will blend in well with the other amps...especially the center...so that is my situation...I would appreciate any and all suggestions..

Thanks, Phasor
phasor
The sherbourn has 5 or 7 toroidial transformers. In essence - 5 or 7 monoblocks in a single chasis. Heavy beast!
You may be able to find a used Theta Intrepid near that price range. Although it is only rated at 100wpc (8 ohm), the 5-way Intrepid can push even difficult speakers like my Thiel CS3.6's with relative ease (note, I now use Enterprises on my Thiels, but the Intrepid did, indeed, drive them quite well for a time).

Tom.
Yes, 5x100wpc. The Theta Dreadnaught is their step up from the Intrepid, and it is configurable from 1-10 channels. The single channel modules are 225wpc (8 ohm), and the two channel modules are 2x100wpc. The Intrepid is not configurable, and is 100 watts into 8 and 200 into 4 ohm. It really sounds like much more, and is commendably close to the sound of my much more expensive Theta Enterprise monoblocks. I picked up a new, demo unit for $2,300, so you may be able to find a used Intrepid for under $2,000. It really is a great amp for the money, IMHO. In two channel, I prefered it to the McCormack DNA-225, and I felt that it held its own against an Edge NL-10 (though not quite as dynamic as the super fast Edge).