Thiel and tubes

I currently have an audio research d-60 amplifier powering a pair of thiel 1.6. I was looking to replace the audio research amplifier just with something different to change things up. I was offered an interesting trade for it. 2 Dared VP-10 mono blocks. I have often wanted to play with tubes but had a fear that the power thirsty thiels would not like tubes. Other components in my system are a classe 20 preamp, a sony dvp-s7700 cd, and an older technics TT. I just bought the thiels this year and I am kind of scared that with tubes I will be taking a step backwards. Would maybe having a tube source and pre with a ss power amp be a better idea.

So I guess my question is, "is a 10 watt tube amp recommended with thiels".
tiggerpooh
Yes, the Rogues with the Thiels were at John McAlpin's home. Most excellent sound, John! I am always more impressed at people who achieve such sound via system synergy and spending time and effort as opposed to those who simply throw tens of thousands (or more) of dollars at the whole thing.

Have been looking forward to hearing your system in the new home whenever you get settled in. That presumes you'll have us over again (BIG if there).

Apologies for not remembering which Thiels you owned...
I had excellent results driving CS2s with a Primier 11A (70w/ch). I had poor results with the same spakers and an MV50 (45w/ch).
To follow up Mcmiller's post FWIW, I had enjoyably fine if not outstanding results with an MV-55 driving my 2.2's, but the pairing worked much better in a smaller room.
Joe, as soon as the living room furniture arives, I'll have an open house.

I do need to get some feedback soon on the new set up. I've been tinkering with an Equitech balanced power unit and a Shunyata King Cobra power cord on the Zeus.

And Zaiksman has a significant point. The Zeus is overwhelming as a physical presence in the room. It makes designing around the amp and gear rack a difficult proposition.