Jungson JA88D anyone?

Anybody own or have auditioned this amp? Any reliability issues? I'm considering a integrated amp with balanced inputs. How do you think it compares with the Krell Kav400xi?
dracule1
For what its worth, I use Jungson JA-100 Monoblocks and also use the JA-99c in a HT setup. I have had Classe Cam-350, Bryston 7b ST, Gamu-T 250 to name a few and the Jungson amps to my ears are the best. Bass is deep and tight with super smooth Mids. Built like a brick s--t house.
Thanks for all the post guys.

Maxxc, do you know when and where the new review will be comming out? Faziod, I really want the JA-50 but the cost is little too high for me because I would also need a preamp. You're a lucky guy.

Does anyone know about the quality of the volume pot/control in the 88D? I have always found that the limiting factor in integrated is the volume control. Manufacturers tend to use cheap pots. For example, people regard the Alps volume pots to be good quality, but the type that's used in most integrated are the cheaper $15-20 pots from Alps. These pots tend to sound closed-in in the lower settings (up to 9-10 o'clock) where I do 99% of my listening. It isn't until at least 12 o'clock for the sound to get more transparent. I just wonder how much of an improvement is to be had going to the Jungson monoblocks and getting a separate preamp. Any thoughts?
Review is slated for Enjoy the Music. Wayne Donnelly has already finished the reviews. Not sure when it will be out. Originally anticipated to be out in April or May. Probably more like mid summer.

I haven't heard the Monoblocks. One Audio enthusiast went from either the 88D or JA1/JA99 to the Monoblocks JA50? JA100? and JA2 preamp. He seemed to feel it was a worthwhile upgrade and though it sounded more "organic". Thats the only feedback he posted.

Jungson uses Stepped attenuators 0-99 setting. The 88C ($400) lists "American Jeff Rowlands digital volume control technology" as one of the features, what ever that means.

I'm sure they are very good quality. Looking in the amp, although not a expert by any means, I don't see anywhere that they cheaped out. They are considered by many to be the top SS manufacturer in China. Jungson is also known as "the Chinese Krell". Based on build quality and their stature rather then sounding like Krell.

Speaking of not being able to afford the JA50's. One option might be to get the JA2 preamp paired along with the JA99C. This would basically be the 88D but with a much higher end preamp.

If your serious contact Andy at Sekei. His price and service can't be beat.

BW Maxx
My friends compared Korsun v8i and Jungson D88 (Thiel 2.2 speakers). They came to the conclusion, that the Korsun is quick, detailed soundprint with bass slam, and Jungson is like a tube amplifier: organic sound, wondeful midrange, bit slower and less bass slam. Maybe this helps also.
the Krell gear, to me all sounds hashy and hard in the high end, ok throughout the mid, and with tremendous bass slam. I owned the KAV300i for a period, and it melted down, enough so that the factory, to their credit replaced the unit. It was nothing like the Jungsen amp I have now. The Jungsen is one of two integrateds, I own, one is the (please don't throw knives, I am not a shill, a DK. While the DK is notably better, it costs a considerable amount more.) I think the overall sound of the Jungsen is sweet and musical, and stages nicely, and is well worth the price of admission.
Subjectivly one of the better values in audio. Plus it looks killer.IMHO it is much more musical than the Krell gear, and better looking...of course again subjectively.
Plus the inherent advantage of Class A design with no switching distortion, it is, given the price a no contest winner product.
It is not as fleshed out as the DK but a helluva product nontheless. The above post hits it dead square, when it talks about the organic sound. As far as speed, I think that speed, infers something not usually thought of in music, in terms of musicality, IMHO. Great sound for a low price.