Best system for jazz?

My musical tastes have shifted and now I find I listen mostly to jazz with some classical, bluegrass and space music thrown in. I'm just curious what kind of systems provide the most enjoyment for you jazz fans?
budrew
E-stats, horns, planers IMO. Each of those types comes with what could be component/setup restrictions for some people so trade-off will not bring out their best.

If you have few-no restrictions then I would also throw in Apogee speakers as a must listen. Apogee Stage with stands comes to mind!

Dave
Budrew,

I appreciate that you asked what we enjoy instead of asking us to dictate our tastes to you.

As a listener to jazz and classical music,I value the interplay of instrumental lines and the timbres of the instruments(including voices)in orchestrated combinations more than I value a speaker's ability to reproduce frequency extremes and dynamic ranges.

In my price range,after much trial and error,I'm happy with the Maggie 1.6 s. In my opionion,they require a reasonably dead wall behind them,at least five or six feet of "breathing room" and high current amplification.
hi,

I listen to jazz about 80% of the time ...old stuff, new stuff and fm radio ...WRTI Philadelphia ..jazz 6pm to 6am.

I like the sound of Klipsch classic speakers, at the present time I'm using the Forte I's . The amp I use is a Cary SLI-Signature in the triode mode. I'm hoping to upgrade to Cornwall's or Bell's in the future. I like the up front presentaion the high and mid horns give and the bass is all I want with a 12" woofer and 12" passive radiator.

As you can see from reading this thread, we are all over the map as to what we use. It comes down to personal preferences I guess.

Larry

That's certainly where I was going with my response as well. Larry, if your life can make room for Klipsch La Scala's, I highly recommend them. I think they benefit from a good subwoofer, but the midrange is glorious. For jazz & classical, the presence of trumpets, sax, violins, piano (and certainly vocals) is spine-chilling. No question, it's all a matter of personal preference, but IMO the classic horn line is an island of paradise dismissed all too often by distant passersby. If nothing else, they're certainly worth a listen.
So Drew, you comin' up to Sac-o-Tomatoes?
Howard