Finish Quality of Von Schweikert VR4jr's

I have a system consisting of an EAD Ultradisc as transport, a Benchmark DAC, an ARC LS-15 preamp, Gamut D200 amp and VR4jr speakers, and find I am hearing some "grunge", for a lack of a better word, in the leading edge of vocals. There seems to be an edge to the sound, not a sweetnes , and I am seeking some ideas of what I might change to rid the system of the sound.
I realize the description is a bit week, but all comments will be appreciated.
Carl
brrgrr
How long have you had the speakers? They take a solid 600 hours for the tweeters to break in.
I'm leaning towars a better front end as well, and the Eclipse is one I've thought of for some time ..even bid on a few.
I will try the tweeter settings, but I am currently using 1-2 so don't know if that is the problem, but I doubt it.
Jtinn, I've had the speakers since last fall, and while I don't know if there are 600 hours on them, I did leave them playing loudly for several days initially, and did notice a major change .
I just am bothered by what seems to be an edge to the leading part of vocals...hopefully that is clear, and it doesn't seem to be a problem with analog, although most of my listening is Cd's. I'm getting older, and getting up after a long day and a cool drink every 15 minutes is becoming more of an effort every day,
Like many audiophiles, I am in a rural area, and can't geta different CD player to sub in for a demo. My best hope is to get some sound advice from the folks on these boards, and as usual you guys have been helpful.

Thanks a bunch
Carl
Try different cabling - either the IC's and\or speaker cables. This change-out worked for me with a very different type system. Also, ERS paper in the CDP will help.
Carl: Like Steakster, I am focusing on the cables you are using as a possibility. What cables are they?