Why no Tori Amos

One last bit of pondering. Why was Tori Amos' "Little Earthquakes" album never given the star treatment it deserves? The album has great arrangements with full orchestration and is one of the best female singer/songwriter/pianist albums of the past few decades. I know she copied a lot of Kate Bush's style (as did Fiona Apple) but it IS a breakthrough album and atleast Kate was issued on Japanese.
imin2u
i believe L.E was released in a special 180gram release.

tori is my favorite artist, i was somewhat shocked/disappointed when i saw a recent article with the sales figures of her albums since Under the Pink....she sold something like 100,000 copies of her latest cd, Scarletts Walk, which i feel was some of her best work and think of it as nothing short of a spectacular lp.

it is sad, as she was one of if not THE original true Female singer songwriters in the Kate Bush vein, yet others like Alanis Morrisette, Fiona Apple, Sarah McLaughlin get all the headlines.
Imin2u/Justlisten-I think Tori was appreciated around the time of Little Earthquakes especially here in the UK by the music press,she made the cover of Q magazine about 4 times since then and still gets decent coverage in the press over here.
I have a friend who's a big fan but personally I've never been over impressed by what I've heard.
Why?
She's clearly talented,her voice is quite uniquewhich may explain her lack of mass appeal but to my ears she could hardly be described as original nor at the musical standard of the likes of Kate Bush-it's night and day to me, Bush's work is at a much higher level and truly original to my ears,Tori seems like a talented magpie in comparison.
As regards her audience,it's quite common for many artists to get a decent level of success and neither maintain it nor grow it,it's particularly common in the modern day ,originality is virtually impossible and indeed artists get criticised for either not changing their style or for changing it.
As music fans we make these choices,we stay loyal to certain artists and give up on others and as such there is a lot of good music that goes unoticed because their sell by date has been judged to have passed.
As regards the wider public there is always the odd happening like Alanis Morrisette who simply captures the public imagination.
I think all things considered Tori has achieved the level of acclaim and success that an artist of her type can expect,the fact that she's lost a fair bit of her fan base is a question for those who gave up on her can only answer .
Tori Amos factoid she plays a Bösendorfer piano- if any one really cares.
Sorry, no offense but both Tori Amos and Sarah Mclachlan smoke Kate Bush. It doesn't matter who came first or who borrowed from who. I think they are all talented but, when you(or at least I) listen to the sounds/lyrics of all three artist.. Tori's and Sarah's voices are soul stirring while Kate's is not!! Kates sound just gets under my skin. I know everyone has an opinion... that just happens to be mine.