goN' LPs at $10, I can buy for $0.18

I just wonder who would buy the piles of LPs listed in the classified that are common stuff. I can buy (and HAVE) many of these $10 wonders. I paid around $0.23 or $0.18 each for these LPs.
I mean stuff like Hall & Oats, Cars...(I got them all at $0.18 each)
I have like 2,000 LPs I paid under a quarter each for, as mint as can be! I COULD start listing them, trying to make a killing (as some seem to be trying to do), but I would be listing them at $1.00 and STILL feel I was robbing the blind.
I can understand the rarer MFSL etc, but the classifieds ads should have a charge for being placed, even $0.50, to cut the flood of junk filling the LP classified!!!
elizabeth
Hello,
One on the tenets of capitalism is "charge what the market will bear." The lp ads cost nothing to list and if one can foist off some of their useless titles, why not? Having been shopping and selling in the used lp market for nearly 30 years, I am amused when I see certain Audiogon sellers list and relist titles that quality used shops in Chicago would not even put in the racks for sale at any price.
Where's Slappy when you need him?

Happy Listening or buying or whatever you people are doing here!

I have the bank account to buy anything I want but since I am into this hobby, I still know what a decent price is for something that I truely want. And price does nto always mean quality.
I just hope that someday I'll be lucky enough to find that "mother lode" of LP's that I can buy for pennies per LP. Not much shows up in the thrifts around here 'cause most records have been gobbled up by collectors or the local used records stores or the blackhole of LP's. So I guess I'll have to start looking to estate sales or classifieds. But until then I still buy from my local used LP dealers and it seems that I pay about the same, maybe a few dollars less, as the asking price of many of the LP's listed here. I cannot buy small numbers of LPs without seeing what I'm getting so I don't buy used from the 'net.
Interesting variety of responses! Thank you all!
For Dan_ed: Agree it is hard to buy sight unseen! Different folks' idea of what Mint or VG++ or Excellent, are so scattered over the possible map! I Get nervous when I read an ad on eBay that says the record is Mint and in the same sentence declare that the scratches won't interfer with the sound!
I still buy on the net because many records just are not available in a timely manner, even where I live with plenty of places to shop.
You could say, Elizabeth, that you realize that some people have less time because they are working longer hours than you. A benefit is a greater income, one which will allow them to purchase records for $10 from Audiogon, eBay, or elsewhere on the 'net.

Back when I was in college, I had time to get dirty in Thrift Stores. I spent thousands of hours digging through boxes or record racks. Just imagine the money could I have made in those thousands of hours, even at just $10 per hour. Now fast forward to post college days and a $140K year income. Divide that by 2080 hours (52 weeks times 40 hours/week). Get the concept?