hilary hahn..violinist

she is argueably the most prominent of the new violin players of the last 5 to 10 years.is it for real? is she that good? i think she's the real goods,except for a few musical burps[here and there].what do you think?
give it a shot .
128x128route9
Rachel - We saw Vengerov perform the Ysae sonata's at Beneroya...ASTOUNDING! His EMI recording of those works is very much worth a listen. Along with Hillary Hahn, I'd suggest another outstanding young up-and-coming violinist: Lara St. John. Her Bach works for Violin solo is both an excellent performance and an outstanding recording.

Marco
The Lara St. John hybrid stereo SACD called "Gypsy" (Cisco Music SCD2053-2) is a beautiful sounding album that showcases her abilities nicely. Quite a range of numbers, but a good record to investigate.

Regards,
I listened to H.Hahn's Beethoven and, despite the technical prowess, I was uninspired by the musical result. Of course, this is a concerto played by so many so well (Oistrakh, Heifetz, Taschner, Hubermann, etc) that comparisons may be insidious.
She's very gifted technically; needs a little more maturing in her interpretations, in my view (I was not moved by her Brahms, though I did like her Stravinsky), but she definitely has promise. I agree with Eric above, there are many fine young violinists out there, only time will tell which ones are the greatest of their generations.
I agree with Raquel. I believe Vengerov is in a class of his own. At the top. I also very much enjoy Bell, Hahn, Midori. Tedi Papavrami playing Sergey Prokofiev Violin Concertos Nos.1&2 is pretty unbelievable too.