hilary hahn..violinist

she is argueably the most prominent of the new violin players of the last 5 to 10 years.is it for real? is she that good? i think she's the real goods,except for a few musical burps[here and there].what do you think?
give it a shot .
128x128route9
The Lara St. John hybrid stereo SACD called "Gypsy" (Cisco Music SCD2053-2) is a beautiful sounding album that showcases her abilities nicely. Quite a range of numbers, but a good record to investigate.

Regards,
I listened to H.Hahn's Beethoven and, despite the technical prowess, I was uninspired by the musical result. Of course, this is a concerto played by so many so well (Oistrakh, Heifetz, Taschner, Hubermann, etc) that comparisons may be insidious.
She's very gifted technically; needs a little more maturing in her interpretations, in my view (I was not moved by her Brahms, though I did like her Stravinsky), but she definitely has promise. I agree with Eric above, there are many fine young violinists out there, only time will tell which ones are the greatest of their generations.
I agree with Raquel. I believe Vengerov is in a class of his own. At the top. I also very much enjoy Bell, Hahn, Midori. Tedi Papavrami playing Sergey Prokofiev Violin Concertos Nos.1&2 is pretty unbelievable too.
Back on 2/13 I suggested that David Oistrach is my ideal for the Tschaikowsky, and noted that my old Angel LP is about worn out. Following up on this, I looked for a replacement on CD, and found one on Amazon…A Deutsche Grammophon reissue two CD set of Bach Brahms and Tschaikowsky. The Brahms and Tschaikowsky recordings date from 1954, and are mono. Excellent mono. But the Tschaikowsky is such an unbelievable performance, better than the later Angel LP, that I thought I should pass along a recommendation for this CD. I don’t want to sound sexist, but Oistrach could play with all the sensitivity of the best woman violinists, but no woman, and few if any men, could play with the power and endurance he displayed.