those F'n price stickers on jewel cases...

hey, i found something that will actually take the price tag goo off used cd jewel cases, w/out clouding/melting them...... BUG-N-TAR REMOVER for cars. one wipe and it's AGON...
dogeatpuppy
My preference is for Bestine, the rubber cement solvent developed by Union Rubber.

Not only does this solvent remove stickers from jewel cases, it will removes labels from LP covers WITHOUT discoloring the ink and art work.

Rare albums that are otherwise perfect except for unsightly labels from retailer or previous owner may be returned to new pristine condition.

I have used this solvent for more than 30 years with superb results. It also gets the pasty goo off the cars windshield, left from last years state inspection sticker. Certainly safer than abrasives and razor blades which typically leave a film on the glass.

http://www.best-testproducts.com/
albert, i had to try... i grabbed an old lp and the bug and tar remover works also... thanks for the hint,must be the same petro-chemicals... cheaper??
Gunk brand bug and tar remover is basically highly refined kerosine. Number 7 brand contains Xylene, which I would not want near an LP. Other brands use Naphtha, the same ingredient in Gulf (Chevron now?) charcoal lighter.

Chances are all these are good for cleaning a CD case, and if you choose wrong, a new one is available for pennies at Best Buy or Comp USA.

The Bestine solvent was manufactured in the 1920's for artists doing paste up with rubber cement. Much of the stickers and labels today, even some of the 3M spray adhesives are softened and removed by Bestine.

My reason for suggesting it so strongly is the fact that I have such a long record of it's safety around artwork, LP's and general glue removal. No doubt there are countless petro-solvents that work, I just don't know their long term track record safety wise.
Here's one you won't believe. Just a drop of olive oil, let it sit a couple of minutes, and it floats off.