Soundstage - Too much?

Is there such a thing as too much soundstage? Should the width of the stage extend to the side walls in your listening room? How would you compare the soundstage in your system to live music?
jtinn
jadem6, i'm pretty much w/ewe on this, except, i'd say not *even* in a dead room, but *especially* in a dead room. quality speakers and electronics have the ability to transmit this info if it's on the recording, *if* the info isn't smeared by competing 1st-reflections of a room, which will confuse the ear-brain & ruin these subtle cues. thus, my opinion that *no* sidewall reflections is key to a wide soundstage.

regards, doug

Much better communicated Sedond. I think the sidewall reflection does smear the image, damn your good.
Acoustic theory is based on a perfectly shaped sound wave. The better the equipment or source the more accurate a sound wave will be created. A bad recording or a bad piece of equipment will distort this wave giving you different results.
You are right that the speakr is recreating the recoreded sound stage. I think though that it does it through perposly useing reflection points.
You are right that the speaker is recreating the recoreded sound stage. I think though that it does it through perposly useing reflection points.