Believers VS. nonbelievers???? GEEzzzzz

Curious how certain products elicit praise from one body and "I can't believe you fall for that snake oil..." from others.
I have a hard time believing some of the stuff (the WORST example is the "Tice Clock" from the early 90's, that you just had to have in the same room!!!)but in general, some of the protesters are ranting on "general priciples" and never tried the stuff/thing in question...(I myself was in that category on power cords till I tried one) and even if they did, it may not have been effective on thier particular system, but just what was needed on someone elses.
==============================================
What I am trying to say in a half formed way is that an honest concern about a product and trying to help guide other away from the "stupid mods" is a difficult path to walk. And since we are all experts and know all there is to know about "audiophilia" maybe we could be more modest in damning stuff others think is worth doing. Rather consider that it may be a path of exploration we choose not to follow now. To say "I haven't explored that but I don't think it's worth trying" vs "you are crazy to think that works and a fool for trying it." is a BIG gap.
Any comments?????
elizabeth
It seems that anything in audio that Jostler3 cannot measure he just relagates to the junkheap of "placebo effect". Well, IMHO, that's not rational, and it's not science. Cheers. Craig.
Hi Craig, in the light of reading Jostler3's response to Katharina's post, what you say about him simply does not meet the facts. Sometimes it seems to me, that we on our side of the fence are just as prone to generalise in exactly the same irresponsible fashion as we accuse our adversaries of. Please lets all stay rational ( and that goes for me too).
Sorry Detlof,I can't agree at all in this instance.It's the body of his "work" that defines this fellow.
A single post isn't going to change my opinion of his tactics nor credibility.Don't you find it significant that the tenor of his posts changes only now?

Best,
Ken
Polemics aside, aren't many of us thankful for tweaks suggested by others? I am, I ENJOY trying them out and dare humbly submit that many work... (i dare'nt say all & get kicked out of the site).
Regarding science vs voodoo: Jostler3, have you considered that appropriate research COULD provide scientific explanation to alleged differences in sound --- what? all that money for the sake of a few audiophiles??? ...one example I know about: PCords, mentioned in an earlier post. A few years ago, Public Hospitals in France went on-line, and started experimenting in telesurgery. They started raising hell about signals alteration and losses relating to the cabling that linked receiving ends, further claiming that something was wrong with the PPCs power supply and related cabling. The french PPC first refused responsibility claiming ITS networks checked out fine...but as pressure continued (no hi-end alchemists here), they put a team of researchers on the case. Bingo! they discovered that passive (and active) conductors do influence the signal even at low voltage /wattage due to losses related to the cabling surface (can't give you more sci spec, though. I just read the article).
And this is a true story.