What does Flat Earth mean in audio circles?

I have seen several references to Flat Earthers. My impression is that brands such as Naim, Linn, and Mana are associated, but why? What are they talking about?
Ag insider logo xs@2xdrubin
So I don't fall into Dmason's definition of same, I will happily stand corrected by Jack n roberts note. This does demonstrate how language changes and how muddled some of our definitions can be. Whenever I've run into the flat earther term, the context has been more of an "objectivist" meaning than it has been a PRaT or "source rules" meaning. Perhaps the A/B comparison context from Jack n robert's site reference has been expanded to a double blind test context.
Flat earthers believe it when they hear it. Others believe whatever they hear.
I thought I was a borderline flat earther until the definition having once owned both Naim and Linn at the same time. I also believe in Pace Rhythm and Timing and singel speaker set demonstrations. I question double blind testing because one has to say this is better than that without taking in the whole presentation.

Now I'm not sure what flat earth means is it a company or a thought pattern.

Trust your ears they are never wrong. Even if you are hearing the summation of many wrongs
If the earth wasn't flat (i.e. if it was indeed round) we'd have trouble keeping our balance and frequently fall for no apparent reason. This phenomena does occur though, usually when one is impaired. Whether or not the earth is flat or round loses it's mystique when your face is up against a dirty brass rail at the foot of a bar. Time for my meds...
i always thought it was the segment of audiofiles who prefered to buy, restore or just listen to vintage equipment