What does Flat Earth mean in audio circles?

I have seen several references to Flat Earthers. My impression is that brands such as Naim, Linn, and Mana are associated, but why? What are they talking about?
Ag insider logo xs@2xdrubin
Eldartford

Thanks for the correction, this is too funny...I work on the defense industry too. I guess I was guilty of making yet ANOTHER approximation by saying it's eliptical.

I have never worked on Guidance Systems for Ballistic Missiles, although I've worked on tracking problems before. I work mostly on image processing, and pattern recognition(ATR)...I love the subject of Fuzzy Pattern Recognition(I also like Neural Network theory) but no one in the industry seems to give a damn about it...
Nrchy:

Sorry to hear you weren't amuse...I guess not everyone has a sense of humor, and some people have a real high sense of self importance...

Newbee:

Yeah man, my day was dragging yesterday...
Ffontan...Fuzzy logic may be OK for some applications, but when you are delivering several H-bombs you really want to be sure. (Good thing that the Chinese embassy was not our target!) We are incredibly conservative in our technology, and perhaps that explains why your field is not widely adopted.
I would respectfully to disagree on the Fuzzy Logic subject. It it would be a long discussion and I'm not sure this is the forum. But I'll say, the problem is a lot of people don't understand that Fuzzy Logic is nothing but a more natural way of representing things(data, physical models, etc...).
Ffontan...I know what you mean, but the guy who thought up the term "fuzzy logic" was asking for ridicule.