What does Flat Earth mean in audio circles?

I have seen several references to Flat Earthers. My impression is that brands such as Naim, Linn, and Mana are associated, but why? What are they talking about?
Ag insider logo xs@2xdrubin
Nrchy:

Sorry to hear you weren't amuse...I guess not everyone has a sense of humor, and some people have a real high sense of self importance...

Newbee:

Yeah man, my day was dragging yesterday...
Ffontan...Fuzzy logic may be OK for some applications, but when you are delivering several H-bombs you really want to be sure. (Good thing that the Chinese embassy was not our target!) We are incredibly conservative in our technology, and perhaps that explains why your field is not widely adopted.
I would respectfully to disagree on the Fuzzy Logic subject. It it would be a long discussion and I'm not sure this is the forum. But I'll say, the problem is a lot of people don't understand that Fuzzy Logic is nothing but a more natural way of representing things(data, physical models, etc...).
Ffontan...I know what you mean, but the guy who thought up the term "fuzzy logic" was asking for ridicule.
That's funny...In reality the term "Fuzzy" is used because conventional logic uses very hard boundaries to define events(groups, objects, variables, etc...). For example, under conventional logic an object either belongs or does not belong to a group.

Fuzzy Logic does not uses such hard boundaries and instead replaces it with "degrees of membership". Instead of saying an object either belong or doesn't belong in a group, it says, it belongs to the group with a certain degree of membership.

You could think of conventional logic, as a special case of fuzzy logic...or you could think of fuzzy logic, as a generalization of conventional logic...

Anyway the word fuzzy was used because boundaries between objects or groups or whatever, are not "hard" or "well defined", they are "fuzzy".