Dead 83-yr old sued by recording industry

Check this out. http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=472382. It really says something about the paranoia surrounding the recording industry and downloads.
gabbro
I wonder what the story would've been like if the RIAA went to court & a subpoena was issued?
"You’ve requested an abcnews.com page that does not exist".

The plot thickens.
The person in question was a woman, who, "did not own a computer, was computer illiterate, and wouldn't even know how to turn one on."
Yet another 'black eye' on the faces of the RIAA, which could be an acronym for 'really ignorant, arogant a**holes.
Just my opinion, but any time an entity becomes so large that it can and or will sue dead people of her situation, they deserve all the contempt I (maybe we) can muster.
Not only do they resell us 'Bridge Over Troubled Water" for the fourteenth time on a new type of medium, they probably cheat Simon and Garfunkel out of their fair share.
although it is not right to copy anything copywrited material, it is hard to have too much sympathy for the RIAA. when you read of the tons of cases where they use and abuse the music artists. I was amazed at how little the music artist gets for royalty on a $15 retail disk. they get somewhere around a whopping $0.25... The RIAA gets its fat share.

Paul