Fuses that matter.

I have tried six different fuses, including some that were claimed to not be directional. I have long used the IsoClean fuses as the best I have heard. No longer! I just got two 10 amp slow-blows WiFi Tuning Supreme fuses that really cost too much but do make a major difference in my sound. I still don't understand how a fuse or its direction can alter sound reproduction for the better, but they do and the Supreme is indeed! I hear more detail in the recordings giving me a more holographic image. I also hear more of the top and bottom ends. If only you could buy them for a couple of bucks each.
tbg
Theaudiotweak,

When you say "close your eyes and hear the light" is that because moments after installing the magnet and hearing the light, you will also see a very very bright light emanating from the Hifi, followed by the smell of something burning?

Lol
Its' only been five years and counting no smoke and no mirrors. One of the most shocking up grades I have ever made.
If you have no faith of the stability and circuit integrity of a particular component then don't try this. My preference for the maximum in sound reproduction. Next up a N52 versus a N45. Tom

Bryon,

I read many threads, but post only when the content hits a nerve. In this case, your penultimate paragraph did. I agree with the phrase "that all men are created equal", but only when the sum of the parts are considered. As you insightfully pointed out 'we each have them in different proportions'.

To wit, everyone sees, hears, perceives, believes, etc. differently to some extent. Thus, so goes "truth". Statistics quantify perceptions, but offer nothing regarding truth. Therefore a resolution to the "truth of the matter" regarding fuse impact can never be reached simply because (in this case) truth itself is subjective.

Now that I am philosophically vented, I must admit that that my Cary SLP-05 preamp sounds significantly better with HFT SIlver Star fuses than it did with the stock fuses. And the impact and bass are better with the fuses in one particular direction. And that's the truth.

Regards,

John
Well done Bryon. For me Bryon has always been clear logical and open. I cannot say that for some who want to argue with him. I don't see him saying he is right but him wanting to enlist good information to narrow in on the solution or answer or whatever is being looked at. Those like Geoff I haven't been able to see so easily and clearly where they stand or what they are trying to convey. Which honestly makes listening to them frustrating at times. I thank Bryon for keeping in this sector of audiogon a reasoned approach that can result in fun for our hobby and some real benefits in sound quality.
Richie, I think the boys are saying your results are only relevant to you and your system. Everything is system dependent ... what works in yours will probably not in mine.