Fuses that matter.

I have tried six different fuses, including some that were claimed to not be directional. I have long used the IsoClean fuses as the best I have heard. No longer! I just got two 10 amp slow-blows WiFi Tuning Supreme fuses that really cost too much but do make a major difference in my sound. I still don't understand how a fuse or its direction can alter sound reproduction for the better, but they do and the Supreme is indeed! I hear more detail in the recordings giving me a more holographic image. I also hear more of the top and bottom ends. If only you could buy them for a couple of bucks each.
tbg
Bryon,

I read many threads, but post only when the content hits a nerve. In this case, your penultimate paragraph did. I agree with the phrase "that all men are created equal", but only when the sum of the parts are considered. As you insightfully pointed out 'we each have them in different proportions'.

To wit, everyone sees, hears, perceives, believes, etc. differently to some extent. Thus, so goes "truth". Statistics quantify perceptions, but offer nothing regarding truth. Therefore a resolution to the "truth of the matter" regarding fuse impact can never be reached simply because (in this case) truth itself is subjective.

Now that I am philosophically vented, I must admit that that my Cary SLP-05 preamp sounds significantly better with HFT SIlver Star fuses than it did with the stock fuses. And the impact and bass are better with the fuses in one particular direction. And that's the truth.

Regards,

John
Well done Bryon. For me Bryon has always been clear logical and open. I cannot say that for some who want to argue with him. I don't see him saying he is right but him wanting to enlist good information to narrow in on the solution or answer or whatever is being looked at. Those like Geoff I haven't been able to see so easily and clearly where they stand or what they are trying to convey. Which honestly makes listening to them frustrating at times. I thank Bryon for keeping in this sector of audiogon a reasoned approach that can result in fun for our hobby and some real benefits in sound quality.
Richie, I think the boys are saying your results are only relevant to you and your system. Everything is system dependent ... what works in yours will probably not in mine.
Knghifi, That's just what Bryon is saying. Boys must believe otherwise since they suggest he cannot hear what he hears in his system:

"Hmmmm...one wonders if Bryon Cunningham installed some of the fuses incorrectly during his recent testing of aftermarket fuses"

"I have lost faith in ANY tests of fuses unless the person performing the tests is already familiar with the difference in sound fuse direction makes"

"Well, I hate to judge before all the facts are in but I suppose there is some possibility that the unclean contacts masked the results of the fuse tests."

"Bryon is kind of an exception, since he cannot yet prove to himself that new fuses or fuse directionality are as important as everyone says"
Thank you Al, Nonoise, John, and Marqmike for your words of support. It’s heartening to know that there are other folks who understand what’s happening here.
06-09-12: Geoffkait
Bryon, what is hilarious is that you spend so much time arguing with *me* - geez, I thought everyone knew I was just a dodge and weave troll.
Shh. Do you hear that, Geoff? That is the sound of your defeat.

Your credibility is gone. And it will not return, so long as your admission to being a Troll exists on Audiogon. I am grateful to the moderators for showing restraint in this thread, because we have arrived at a culmination that was worth 400 posts, and that is your confession that you are a fraud.

Has it never occurred to you to ask why, in spite of dozens of posts arguing with you across multiple threads, I've never called you a Troll or a fraud? Because I suspected that, if I persisted long enough, and if I pressed back relentlessly, you would eventually do exactly what you have done: You would tell us yourself.

You have taken off your mask, Geoff. What is underneath the mask is… well, I’ll let people judge for themselves.

You’ve made a grave tactical error, one of several lately. The error should be obvious with a moment’s reflection: The biggest challenge to Machina Dynamica is the allegation that you, and your products, are a fraud. You’ve just told us that YOU are a fraud. It's a very short step to the conclusion that YOUR PRODUCTS are a fraud. Speaking of which...
Ironically, I have been the number one seller on Audiogon for the past five years with the highest rating, too…
This is false. As of this morning, Machina Dynamica has 1156 positive feedbacks, which can be seen here. Underwood Hifi, for example, has more than three times as many, with 3925 positive feedbacks, seen here.

In light of your recent confession, I hope you will understand if I interpret your false claim to be not an innocent mistake, but another deception. If so, then you have just provided us with the second Smoking Gun… not only do you use deception in your contributions to the forum, you also use deception in the promotion of your products.

Check and mate.

Bryon