Do the Audio gods shine upon you?

Has anyone else had this experience or am I just nuts? You sit down for a quiet evening of Hi Fi listening and after some warmup time you suddenly realize that your system sounds dramatically better than it did the night before. I am talking about those little things like more resolution, low level detail. You know, those things that turn audiophiles on. I am almost afraid to turn my system on again for fear that the "audio gods" have abandoned me.
slowhand
They freekin love me. The music hasn't been so good for a long time, but, I'm sure they love me.

Hopefully, they'll love my new room and system.

Bill
It might be because of shift in your ear wax. We should all get ear wax cleaner from a drug store, and clean ours - most cost effective tweak.

Also it might be your body condition. Some audio lovers would actually get up and exercise to be in top condition for their listening session.

I find audio a great help in exercising - with a sub going on a pop music with heavy drum beats, you don't feel the pain.

Anyway, I found that if you assemble a liquid sounding system, then those special moments happen more often. You can enjoy music right from the beginning without having to warm them up.

Yes I would have to say that the audiophile Gods do shine on me regularly. My system does tend to not sound as good some days as other days and I have often wondered about this. I don't doubt that my hearing my vary from day to day. Also I do notice that often the most magic seems to happen late Sunday evenings and on into the night. I attribute this to better quality AC power at that time because it stands to reason that there is likely the least amount of power used by other sources at that time. I tend to notice more reverb and almost a surround sound effect as I often hear sounds comming from far beyond the outer boundarys of my speakers. I also agree with everyone else who said the biggest variable in how much I enjoy the music is my personal mood and mental state at the time. If I am depressed or upset about something my system just sounds ok and I wonder what kind of an upgrade might improve it but when I am in a really good mood the sound is often very euphoric, emotional and involving. This also applies to all my other hobbies as well.
You have described end result...I'm in that zone too...gear lets me listen to music and I'm having a good time, not analyzing equipment, a trap too many fall into in this wonderful hobby.
I think that if you cry out to the audio gods in suplication, wailing your lament at the beckoning dawn of vibratory frequencies, then with heartfelt prayer and the incantory words of sacrifice, your sublime wish shall be granted...plus you need some killer gear.