Do Audiophiles blow speakers?

Ok so I am bored and curious, I have never and probably never will over-drive an amp or blow speakers....but I want to know if this happens with trained listeners or is mostly done by the masses of listeners who dont care about critical listening?
I know that lack of amp power usually blows a speaker, I just thought some stories would make for good reading.
chadnliz
I tend to listen to concert DVDs at "realistic" listening levels. Using a Marantz SR-18 receiver I've blown the bass driver on a pair of Alon IVs. The cones just became seperated, so not really a blow-out. I've also rattled the cabinets loose on a pair of Klipsch KLF-30s. The 30s were known for having faulty cabinets, so I'm not sure these were my fault either. Some criticize others for listening to music at higher volumes. But, just as personal preferences vary between speakers (ex: some love Klipsch, other despise them) so do preferences for listening levels.
Tafka steve, remind me not to invite you over -- you seem to have some pretty bad luck ;-)

I have blown my woofers (big Montana WAS 15") twice! Once was because straight dc went into them (there are no caps in my signal path) when a power relay went bad. The other time was volume related! Oh well. I had a blast and now know how to replace speaker components.
>>I guess that critical listening is when you drive your system to a critical level of loudness .<<

I hope you're kidding.
I'm guilty too of frying 1 tweeter in my Green Mountain 3-way floorstanders. These are 1st order xover speakers & a lot of energy leaks into each driver. I was trying to break them in but about 40 hrs of loud music (atleast 95dB SPL sitting 9 ft away. I was NOT listening, of course!), 1 tweeter just stopped working altogether! :-)
Well, I certainly learned what the limit these speakers is & certainly respect the fact that 1st-order xover speakers cannot be played too loud for too long.