Tyler Acoustic vs. Paradigm

I am considering a set of Tyler Acoustic Taylo Ref. or Paradigm Studio 40. Close to same $$ and size. Any opinions on these?
gretsch6120
You will not regret that purchase. Congrats and enjoy your new speakers.

Chris
All kinds of great speakers out there, and Paradigm and Tyler are among them. It's not like questions of this sort can be reduced to this speaker over that speaker. It isn't that simple, of course. One thing you DO GET with Tyler Acoustics, however, ... immediate access to the guy who builds them and attaches his name to them. Ty will wear out your ear if you let him, but he'll always answer your every question ... everytime you offer yet another question. He offers great products, wants the buyer to be happy, and is available to discuss buyer concerns. How common is this? How important is this to the buyer? I think it would be a mistake to assume that a big name like Paradigm necessarily means "products superior" to those of smaller speaker companies. Try the Taylos ... you won't be disappointed (note the dB rating, however, and freq range).
Gretsch6120 - you're getting the exact speakers I traded in recently (Taylo monitors in cedar) - trust me, you will not find a better speaker in that price range, new or used.
I just received my new set of Reference IIIs from Tyler, in the Italian Ebony finish, and they're every bit as good as I thought they'd be (taking into consideration that they're not yet broken in). Enjoy the Taylos, and don't be afraid to crank them up - big sound from a little speaker!
Regards,
Denvelle
Denvelle - how long did you own them? What type of equipment did you use with them? Thanks.
the paradigm 'export' (no longer made) was the finest speaker they ever made. as good as anything by anybody