All Merlin family members.

Do you prefer your equipment behind(not between)or to the side of your speakers? have you had it both ways and noticed a difference
128x128tabl10s
hi gentlemen,
i prefer the speakers at 6 to 6.5 feet apart and listened to at 9 1/2 feet or more. you can listen wider apart or closer to them but they respond best not too far apart and listened to further away. they are designed with their power response, not nearfield on axis. dave is getting away with a farther distance apart because of his electronic's perspective and silver cabling. if he wants more depth the perceived width must equal the perceived depth and that won't happen at 8 feet. i like drapes on the wall behind them but that is my taste. corner tunes and damping the immediate and primary reflection points for a smallish room too.
regards,
bobby@merlin
Tab110,

Right now I have the VSMs single-wired using DIY Audio Consulting silver wire. I'm in the process of building some copper foil cables in several thicknesses to try out for biwiring.

Bobby,

Thanks for further clarifications regarding placement. I will try repositioning them once more... and report back.

Dave