Is polk Lsi15 too big for my 20x13x8 room?

I am considering Polk Lsi15 for my set up. I listen to mostly classical music at a easy listening level. I sit about 11 feet from the speakers. I am wondering if there is such a thing as speakers being too big for the size of the room. I understand the voulume control button, however the amp needs to push enough power for the music to really open up, doesn't it? I understand the best music for the push and pull amp comes out between 5-10w. As for the amp and cd player I am still considering several options. MFA3.2 or A3.5, Bryston B100, Krell 300i, classe cap-160, something around $1200 used. Can someone help? Michi
odnok123
audiokicks
You are right. There is one still for sale on Audiogon. The thread you mentioned and the review done by Wes Phillips made me think this could be the one. What is your power amp's 4 ohm rating?

I do not understand why everybody says I need a powerful amp because according to my calculation 64wpc at 4ohm will give 103db of sound. Why does a much powerful amp make these sound better? I am just asking what the extra power reserve do for the sound?
Newbee
Tyler Accoustics are beautiful. I do not think the full size Linbrook Sig is for me. They are too too heavy for me. I may still consider their monitor. They are so efficient. Bryston B60, Arcum A85 and YBA Integre are for sale on Audiogon. Do you have an opinion on ss amps? I have never even seen a tube amp in person. They seem high maintenance. Is there any tell tell sign in the speaker's and amp's spec. to indicate that they are good for low volume listening? I sould start a new thread "what makes a system sound good at low volume?" Is this a valid concern? I hope nobody comes back saying any system that sounds good at medium and loud.
Odnok, The speakers are the key to low volume listening. The amp should not be very important EXCEPT as to the tone it imparts to the speaker at low levels. I'm not a fan of SS amps, and contrary to common belief they are not maintanence free. Big tube amps can be a hassle and even small ones require a bit of routine maintence, but the ones I suggested are about as idiot proof and low maintenance as you can get. There are no spec's which would reveal a speakers ability to play at low levels.

As to starting a new thread, this has been discussed several times in the last few months. You may do a little research and see if you can pull up those threads. You can probably get some feed back from Tyler users regarding Tylers and SS stuff. I know I've seen several users say they preferred ss.

If I can help...........
Besides Tylers suggested above, also consider Salk Veraicty HT3 (or QW) and Zu Druids. All 3 companies have a dedicated following.
I have never heard of them, but I will check them out. Thank you.

Thank you Newbee, Audiokicks and Aktchi. I will do some more reading.