Is polk Lsi15 too big for my 20x13x8 room?

I am considering Polk Lsi15 for my set up. I listen to mostly classical music at a easy listening level. I sit about 11 feet from the speakers. I am wondering if there is such a thing as speakers being too big for the size of the room. I understand the voulume control button, however the amp needs to push enough power for the music to really open up, doesn't it? I understand the best music for the push and pull amp comes out between 5-10w. As for the amp and cd player I am still considering several options. MFA3.2 or A3.5, Bryston B100, Krell 300i, classe cap-160, something around $1200 used. Can someone help? Michi
odnok123
Odnok, The speakers are the key to low volume listening. The amp should not be very important EXCEPT as to the tone it imparts to the speaker at low levels. I'm not a fan of SS amps, and contrary to common belief they are not maintanence free. Big tube amps can be a hassle and even small ones require a bit of routine maintence, but the ones I suggested are about as idiot proof and low maintenance as you can get. There are no spec's which would reveal a speakers ability to play at low levels.

As to starting a new thread, this has been discussed several times in the last few months. You may do a little research and see if you can pull up those threads. You can probably get some feed back from Tyler users regarding Tylers and SS stuff. I know I've seen several users say they preferred ss.

If I can help...........
Besides Tylers suggested above, also consider Salk Veraicty HT3 (or QW) and Zu Druids. All 3 companies have a dedicated following.
I have never heard of them, but I will check them out. Thank you.

Thank you Newbee, Audiokicks and Aktchi. I will do some more reading.
This forum is so full of information. Reading all these threads can be a full time job. I like to hear from someone who actually owns Polk Lsi15 and listens to classical music at moderate level. Anyone?
Odnok, Start a new thread - as it is only folks with experience with room set up are likely to note your present post and respond.