your experience with mod or upgrade companies.....

i called c/j and talked with jeff, found out that cj now does upgrades for some of their equipment. my pv12 would be about 900.00 four just 5 caps. that seems a little high for just that amount of work. what other compy that you know of is doing this, i know a while back i heard about different ones, but you dont hear to much now. there was a group of indian guys i talked with a while back that seem to do a lot more for at lot less, but i forgot the name of them.. please give me your input, as always is appreciated.......
kennesawjet
If you get something modded by someone with a rep you're usually OK as far as resale. I would definitely go with someone who has a rep.
"07-12-14: Kennesawjet
I beg to differ, I now its not the premiere line but its not that bad of an amp.............."

I never said it was a bad preamp. The models that came after the PV-12 were a lot better, both the Premier and regular models. Just replacing the caps will not get you there. I know my recommendations are not the same as most of the other posters. But you did ask for advice, and I've owned the PV-12 when it was current and compared with several other CJ preamps. Its just my honest opinion.
07-12-14: Ebm
"Great Northern Sound was the best but there gone now good luck with the others."

Could not agree more. Steve and company turned my Wadia 861se player into a masterpiece.
zd542.. your advise may have been the best... you told me just what i needed to know. i didnt think just changing caps would be enough..thinking more toward getting new amp all together..