Vandersteen Quatro vs. GMA Calypso

Thoughts?
128x128nrenter
If you hold off for a few weeks let me know. I'm slated to receive a pair of Calypsos in the near future. I can't offer direct comparisons but can let you know my thoughts on this new GMA product.
Excellent, Girardian. I'm interested to read about your impressions. Post links to pictures if you can.
I recieved a pair of GMA Calypso's last tuesday. I can tell you these are serious speakers. I'm still breaking them in, but the sound of these speakers right out of the box is dramatic. I was impressed immediatly with the fit, finish and execution of the design. My pair is fitted with Bolivian Rosewood side panels and they are perfect! A cabinet maker friend was very impressed and he's constantly finding fault with everything made of wood. Not so with the Calypso's. All the parts went together smoothly and fit as they should. Craftmanship is a lost art with many companies....not so at GMA! The bass response is outstanding and the mids and highs are typical GMA stat-like sound. The imaging is amazing with great depth and instruments have proper timbre, size and placement. Vocals are to die for. They simply vanish in my room. They will play un-godly loud if you want them to. They are without a doubt the lowest distortion, most coherent 3 way speaker I have heard. I doubt you will find the need for a subwoofer with these speakers. I'll post a full review once they are broken in. Listen to these speakers before you purchase anything in this price range.