sub for $3500 or less

started this thread in the home theatre section, but maybe better suited for the speaker forum. just got a great tv and looking for the "super" sub...i'm only running 2 channel and the sub would be for movies...i'm very pleased with my system so far and believe that a bad a** sub is long over due...i very much enjoy movie night...budget is $3500 or less and would appreciate any advice from my fellow audiogon comrads... thanks, brent
128x128knollbrent
You missed the point. But now I understand why you bought the Piega.

Enjoy your sub... "dude".
Fiddler- Settle down, beavis. You're being a little unfriendly to someone you don't know. The velo is a great sub, I own the DD15, but he decided to go a different direction. I don't feel as though my "time is wasted" from reading or participating in this thread.

Good luck with the Piega, I owned the P10s at one point in "refridgerator white." I'll always remember how smooth that tweeter sounded...
just a little update...i went with the piega mk11 and am really enjoying it...it's been quite awhile since i've had a sub for home theatre and i'd forgotten what an impact they make...i thought that my two channels were going to handle the load, but there is no comparison when it comes to movies...i do enjoy movie night and this has been well worth the investment...i enjoy the depth that my limiteds give me, so i haven't tuned it in for 2 channel listening- i will some day, just to give it a whirl....brent