Are the Klipschorns mainly for Classical music ??

I recently purchased a pair of Klipschorns. I also purchased a pair of Cornwalls. It seems that the Cornwalls are crisp and clean and a shade boxy while the Klipschorns are a very open sound. I have found the Klipschorns to be very good for classical music and some Satriani and Eric Johnson. I find that classic rock leaves alot to be desired because the recordings seem to be less than what I expected. I would like to hear comments from Klipschorn owners as well as Cornwall owners......thanks
allsmiles
Undertow....why do my speakers WITH the Carver M1.5t sound great with Dark Side of the Moon....Black Sabbath 1.......Eddie Van Halen "Eruption"......Joe Satriani......Eric Johnson.......I still think it is the cd engineering and recording that is a limiting factor NOT my Carver amp. If some cds sound great and others sounds pathetic, I am sure it has to be the cd that IS the problem...that is just common sense. If NO cds sounded good then I would believe you. I still think Carver rules !!!!
If some cds sound great and others sounds pathetic, I am sure it has to be the cd that IS the problem...that is just common sense.
Allsmiles, I was under the same impression until we upgraded the CDP, cables, and found an amp/preamp combo that mated so well with the Klipschorn that literally every CD in our 1500+ CD collection sounds rich, musical, and full. Sure, you can hear that some are not as well produced as others, but none sound less than good. And we play everything from jazz vocalists to heavy metal.

Number one, if you like the Carver, then by all means stick with it. On the other hand, I don't believe that lousy sounding CDs can automatically be attributed to a truth-telling system. In other words, how can you determine that the shortcomings you are hearing are due to the recording, and not to the inability of the amplifier or CDP to flesh out certain recordings? I'm of the opinion that if you feed a full-range speaker what it likes, the system can suitably cover all of the musical genres. Naturally, some recordings are better supported by a 400W amp than a 4W amp, but it all comes down to personal choice. That said, the combination of SS, a modest CDP, and an undampened K-horn will only exacerbate the worst of the 1980s recordings...and don't forget that Bon Jovi and Def Leppard will chew right through any audiophile system. :-)
Okay Boa2 I respect your opinion. I will search for the answers through some new equipment and modifications to the Klipschorns. I think that if you are taking the time to try and help me the least I can do is give it a chance. Would you suggest a new cd player first or the Klipschorns modifications first ?? I will be getting my second pair of Klipschorns hopefully on the 25th and I will be interested in seeing if there is any difference in them with my current equipment. I don't really have many budget restraints except for my owm thriftiness which could be a problem. Boa2 I don't care much for Bon Jovi. I think Ritchie is a good guitar player but I think the band as a whole are a bunch of wimps. I prefer something like Warrior "Fighting for the Earth" or Savatage "Hall of the Mountain King". Hard rock and Metal are my favorites ever since Blue Cheer "Vincebus Eruptum" got into my soul.
allsmiles,
did the CD's you found to sound poor also sound that way on other speakers you have had? Or are you perhaps comparing them to records you used to play from back in the "stoner" days. I usually found the rock music I enjoyed alot on records, sounded flat and uninvolving when I heard it on a CD. I think the early transfers were poor. Even today, I wonder when I buy a CD whether it will be a good transfer or not. especially when I want some older album I used to listen to, and there is like 6 remakes of it and many compilations to choose from. I have Klipsch speakers, though not the ones you have and I love mine. One way I use to tell if a disc is poor is to listen to it on a decent pair of headphones. It takes the room, amps, cabling, and the speakers out the mix. If it still sounds like crap, it probably is.

Shiva......."stoner" days ??? I got a great laugh out of that. Did I know you in a former life ?? Good question....they sound fine on my other speakers. I think the Forte II's I have are great speakers. The Cornwall II's are also superb. So.....I guess the upgrades for the Klipschorns IS a must. I will be glad to get my second pair of Klipschorns later this month and I will see if there is any difference. Thank you for taking the time to offer advice. I apprecaite it very much. One of my favotite cds is the Yardbirds Live at the Anderson Theater '68 featuring Jimmy Page. Sounds more like Led Zeppelin than Yardbirds and Jimmy is wailing on the guitar. I only have about 800-900 cds and many of them are classic rock.