Are the Klipschorns mainly for Classical music ??

I recently purchased a pair of Klipschorns. I also purchased a pair of Cornwalls. It seems that the Cornwalls are crisp and clean and a shade boxy while the Klipschorns are a very open sound. I have found the Klipschorns to be very good for classical music and some Satriani and Eric Johnson. I find that classic rock leaves alot to be desired because the recordings seem to be less than what I expected. I would like to hear comments from Klipschorn owners as well as Cornwall owners......thanks
allsmiles
Allsmiles ; the info that you received about upgraded equipment making so called "poorly recorded" CD's sound better is correct . As I have slowly upgraded my equipment , I am surprised at how some rock CD's that I had quit listening to , are now sounding much better ! I had attributed it to the coloring of the music by the equipment . Whatever the reason , the results are definitly worth it !
I know that you are seeking a CDP recommendation and this may be off topic but I would suggest the Granite 657 .
I found it to greatly contribute to the above mentioned factor for CD's. It is in the near 3K range and is difficult to find used . The factory does offer a money back trial period if you like . It does have some comments here on Audiogon if you want to check it out . I also have heard and liked the upper end of the Cary line , at considerable cost increase . I think that either of these will help your rock music to sound better . NO FLAMES PLEASE
The newest pair of klipschorns are still in the Suburban but I did listen to them before purchasing and noticed a considerable better high end on rock music. The cdp preamp and amp were all high end I am sure. I am going to see what the Carver will do with it. This newest pair are '92's with AK-3 crossovers. I love the larger speaker cable connections. The '78's have such small connections....can I modify them to larger connectors ?? Saki..thank you for the cdp recommendations. FLAMES ????
I finally got the '92 Klipschorns in the house and there is a tremendous difference in the sound of the '78 Klipschorns. The '92's sound so much better. The highs are abundant and the sound is awesome compared to the '78's. I think it is time for new crossovers in the '78's. I know it is not the cd player or preamp and amp now that is the problem. It is definitely something with the speakers. I guess I should consider new tweeter horns too.
I think it is time for new crossovers in the '78's.
You would do well to google for tweaks. There are many, very well documented, improvements for the Klipshorn.

In and of itself the Klips is, undoubtedly, an excellent speaker design.
Thanks Greg....I have already talked with Dan Wescott and Al Crites and have info about Al Klapp.(sp). I will try and google it. Thank you for the suggestion. I have heard the A crossover is better than the original AA crossover which came in the 78's. I also heard the ALK is a good replacement. I am not as knowledgable as many people on this site and the Klipsch Forum. I am trying to make the best decision but I am still amazed how much better the 92's are. I don't even have them in the corners of the room yet and they are totally awesome. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.