Are the Klipschorns mainly for Classical music ??

I recently purchased a pair of Klipschorns. I also purchased a pair of Cornwalls. It seems that the Cornwalls are crisp and clean and a shade boxy while the Klipschorns are a very open sound. I have found the Klipschorns to be very good for classical music and some Satriani and Eric Johnson. I find that classic rock leaves alot to be desired because the recordings seem to be less than what I expected. I would like to hear comments from Klipschorn owners as well as Cornwall owners......thanks
allsmiles
If you have the original crossovers in those 78 K-horns, the caps are surely as dry as the Atacama Desert, making the speakers sound thin and edgy. Doing the mods (re-wiring with silver, updating the crossovers, installing the horn/tweeter kit from ALK OR dampening the original horns) are all transformational upgrades for the K-horn.

Enjoy!
Boa2....the 92's sound so much better than the 78's. It is a world of difference. All my cds sound phenomenal now. I am one happy camper.....every day is like Christmas now !!!!I am really enjoying the 92's. I don't even have the 92's in the corners yet and they are awesome !!!! The 78's are in the corners of the room and I only have 1 full corner left in the room. I am listening to Robin Trower "Bridge of Sighs" right now and it is crisp clean and superb. I definitely got to do something to the 78's.
After you do all these upgrades (in this case we're talking K-horn, but others as well. I'm not trying to single out these speakers) are you really left with a K-horn? Do "transformational upgrades" still equal K-horn..etc...Sort of like APL3910/Exemplar3910/Denon 3910/Dan Wright3910. The list goes on.. In this case, as in many, it appears that stock K-horns don't cut it. They require a plethora of upgrades to arrive at greatness.
Warren....this is a pair of '78 Klipschorns.....the capacitors are 28 years old. I don't see any problem with new crossovers.
So you're saying the newest Klipschorns are fine the way they are? No need to tweak, play switheroo with caps? $7k+ brings it home right out of the box? Out of MY box the only tweaks my speakers needed were Audiopoints on the bottom to replace the originals. $200 well spent...