Are the Klipschorns mainly for Classical music ??

I recently purchased a pair of Klipschorns. I also purchased a pair of Cornwalls. It seems that the Cornwalls are crisp and clean and a shade boxy while the Klipschorns are a very open sound. I have found the Klipschorns to be very good for classical music and some Satriani and Eric Johnson. I find that classic rock leaves alot to be desired because the recordings seem to be less than what I expected. I would like to hear comments from Klipschorn owners as well as Cornwall owners......thanks
allsmiles
Warren
....this is a pair of '78 Klipschorns.....the capacitors are 28 years old
and, so are the drive units, especially the bass units. Not musch tweaking as, maintenance...

Tsk, tsk, Warren -- really:)

I'm surprised the new K's are so much better (rather than brighter). I know that some of the VERY old K-horns used very good drive units but then Alnico prices went sky-hi & they had to revert to more sensible components -- and your '78s are probably in that category. It should be fun refurbishing these!

One of the problems in this complex design comes from the transition from mid to bass; you either achieve seamless mid-bass to mid, or bass to mid (skipping the mid-bass). Klipsch and the K "community" have apparently solved this small issue somehow...
I understand. I was under the misinterpretation (maybe it was another post) that the newest K-horns, still required some serious tweaking. My mistake. warren :)
Warren....the 92's to my ears sound great "as-is" ...I am completely satisfied with them. I just want to get the highs back from my 78's. The 92's sound worlds better. I have no idea how a brand new pair sounds....never bothered to go listen to any since I live in a very rural area and would require a trip to a larger city. I have gotten info from Bob Crites, Dean Wescott and Al Klappenberger about new crossovers and haven't made a final decision on that. Any help or suggestions would be greatlt appreciated.
Greg....what driver updates would you suggest on the 78's. I am very appreciative to get any help on upgrades....thanks
Guess who hooked up the 78's wrong ??? Yes I did....I hooked the speaker wires in the wrong place. I got them in the correct place now and the highs are much better. Yes....I am feeling pretty stupid right now. Maybe I should ban myself from Audiogon for ignorance. I think I need to attend a class on Klipsch speakers and maybe a beginners course on electronics. It took a friend of mine to show me the error of my ways. My friend works on equipment all the time and I apparently know very little about my own equipment. Okay....who votes to ban Allsmiles from Audiogon. Please don't be too cruel !!!