Are the Klipschorns mainly for Classical music ??

I recently purchased a pair of Klipschorns. I also purchased a pair of Cornwalls. It seems that the Cornwalls are crisp and clean and a shade boxy while the Klipschorns are a very open sound. I have found the Klipschorns to be very good for classical music and some Satriani and Eric Johnson. I find that classic rock leaves alot to be desired because the recordings seem to be less than what I expected. I would like to hear comments from Klipschorn owners as well as Cornwall owners......thanks
allsmiles
Since you've got experience with so many different, what is your opinion of the K-horns vs. La Scala or Belle.

Is there a big difference between all of them?

I understand that the K-horns are true borner horns, but I don't really have that option in my living room. One side of my room has large, floor to ceiling, windows on both walls so I assume that would throw off the bass balance.

The La Scala and Belle are traditional cabinets giving me more flexibility.
I have never listened to any Belles or Lascalas. I have been thinking about picking some up in the future. I definitely want to have some of both.
So far I love the K-horns. I also think the Cornwall II's and the Forte II's are great speakers for their size. They seem to do very well with classic rock, hard rock, and metal. And believe it or not they also do very well with Celtic music......"Celtic Woman" is a phenomenal cd and dvd. Chloe who is the youngest of the Celtic Woman singers is such a pleasure with such an angelic voice. Meav. Lisa.and Orla are great too !!!
Like I said before I have no desire to own a 50,000-100,000 dollar system.
You can spend less than $10K and have mind-blowing sound. Given that you like hard rock, I'd suggest a McIntosh SS amp, which mates well with Klipsch. Add a good tube preamp, some decent cabling, and a good source, and you're done. Like many others, I'm a huge fan of SET amps, but they do not push metal and hard rock like SS does.

Darkmoebius, there is a familiar house sound between the K-horns, La Scala's and Belle's. However, there is a significant difference in the low-end response. I found the La Scala's to benefit tremendously with the addition of a subwoofer. They are rated down to 53Hz, and obviously, there is a lot to be heard (and felt) below that point. In addition, the K-horns expand the intimacy of the La Scala (and Belle) to concert size. They play much larger, and the instruments stage at a size that is more true to life.

Hope that helps.
Allsmiles:
Greg....what driver updates would you suggest on the 78's
I seem to remember reading that the units used were from Eminence, but I'm not sure... I searched hi & low for the reference and couldn't find it -- sorry.

Maybe Klipsch themselves could helpo if you put to them in the right manner (i.e. no responsibility for them, "outrageously" prived "aftermarket" drivers they couldn't realistically include in the commercial package, the advent of new components not available in '78, etc the usual corporate bull). Given the cabinet design, one can mathematically model the "ideal" driver characteristics; some people have already done so if I remember correctly. Furthermore, as you already own their "new" model they probably would be ready to help you with one of their earlier products.