Are the Klipschorns mainly for Classical music ??

I recently purchased a pair of Klipschorns. I also purchased a pair of Cornwalls. It seems that the Cornwalls are crisp and clean and a shade boxy while the Klipschorns are a very open sound. I have found the Klipschorns to be very good for classical music and some Satriani and Eric Johnson. I find that classic rock leaves alot to be desired because the recordings seem to be less than what I expected. I would like to hear comments from Klipschorn owners as well as Cornwall owners......thanks
allsmiles
Allsmiles:
Greg....what driver updates would you suggest on the 78's
I seem to remember reading that the units used were from Eminence, but I'm not sure... I searched hi & low for the reference and couldn't find it -- sorry.

Maybe Klipsch themselves could helpo if you put to them in the right manner (i.e. no responsibility for them, "outrageously" prived "aftermarket" drivers they couldn't realistically include in the commercial package, the advent of new components not available in '78, etc the usual corporate bull). Given the cabinet design, one can mathematically model the "ideal" driver characteristics; some people have already done so if I remember correctly. Furthermore, as you already own their "new" model they probably would be ready to help you with one of their earlier products.
Check out a few refs:herex-overThere was also s/thing in the 2/05 a-express mag about using a JBL unit for the mids... Cheers
I have been in the hospital getting my appendix out so I have just gotten back online. I feel kind of weak so I may take a few days to get my strength back before getting back here. I do appreciate all comments and upgrade suggestions.
Get well quickly, Allsmiles. And no moving speakers around during recovery! :-)