Totem Arros - Set up

Hi,

I building an Arros based 2-channel system for my 16 x 13 x 8 room. My listening position will be like 10 feet from the Arros. I listen to vocals, instruments, jazz and pop. This is what I am going with: Arros and REL Strata 3 (or) REL Stadium 3. But for building this set-up, I need some guidance from you.

1. I am thinking of using a Cary SLI-80 in the future. For now I want to go with either Jolida 302b (or) Primaluna Prologue 2. Which one would you recommend for better system synergy ?

2. Can the 40 watts from Primaluna drive the Arros to sufficiently good volume levels like 90 dB ?

3. Do we need to Bi-Wire Arros ?

4. What Speaker wire (or Bi-Wire) works well with Arros ? I am looking for reasonably priced ones as my budget is limited to $150 MAX for wires.

5. Can I Bi-Wire if I use Jolida 302b or Primaluna prologue 2 ?

6. What Interconencts are recommended between CD Player and Primaluna / Jolida ?

7. What power Source is reasonable choice ? ( $200 MAX )

I will highly appreciate your valuable input and will immensely help in setting up my 2 channel system.

Thanks
Mike
willmi
i use these in a second sys.c.j.sonographe amp,tad-150 pre.these are excellent spkrs.,but will not play loud.if pushed,the woofer will hit travel limits,with a loud pop.but for low to mid level,they are hard to beat.machine
I've owned the Arros and 10Ft. from the speakers is fine. In fact, the Arros can go very, very wide and that will not be an issue.

As for synergy, all three of the amps you are considering would drive the Arros without any problems up to your specified 90db.

Bi-wiring is not necessary and something to experiment with on a try before you buy basis.

If you find the Arros a bit too hot for your tastes, Tara, Cardas and Audioquest each offer some rather mellow cables. I suspect the Audioquest Type 4 would mate well at an affordable price.

You can bi-wire easily by using the spade terminations on one set of cables and bananas on the other. At least at the amp end...the speaker end doesn't matter and can be all spades or bananas or a combination.

I like the Audioquest King Cobra and Kimber PBJ interconnects for their high performance to value reasons. The Cobra might be the better choice for the tube amps because it has a strong bottom end and is shielded whereas the PBJ is not shielded...but is my preferred IC when shielding isn't an issue.

I'm not sure what you mean by power source.

Sounds like a fun system to put together.
3. No need to bi-wire. See the Totem site:

http://www.totemacoustic.com/english/faq/faq.htm

4. I use DIY Audio Exodus Crossstream Speaker Wires with mine.
Montytx,

What I meant is Power Supply to Jolida 302b (or) Primaluna Prologue II

Thanks
Mike