speakers for classical music

Would like to hear from classical music listeners as to best floorstanders for that genre. B&W 803's sound good but want to get input with regard to other possibilities.
musicnoise
"I would very much like to hear Atmasphere's particular design and approach properly implemented in a matching system!"

Me too. . . already heard Atma's designs at RMAF twice. . . perhaps 3rd time lucky? G.
I cant help myself so here I go...

This old argument about tubes or SS does drive me mad.

I have heard a few great sounding tube amps (ARC, Lamm, Audio note), but they always have sonic problems. Some almost worth putting up with, but still ultimately annoying. SS amps too. Then finding the right speakers to match etc.

I heard some Atmaspheres which sounded very good by the way.

Cant we have an amp technology that just works? Its like buying a car that goes great around corners, but just wont go in a straight line unless the road is made of a special concrete and not tar!

If you like a characteristic, say a type of tube, lets just put that software in. But the amp its self having no "sound" but will drive any type of speaker with no distortion or noise unless asked to. Oh small, cheap and efficient too!

Lets all start praying.
Chadeffect asked:

"Cant we have an amp technology that just works? "

We can, that's why I bought Rowland, not because it's tube or SS, but because it works in my system.

Dave
"Lets all start praying."

To say it with the inimitable Zork. . . "if you pray long enough, your prayer will be answered!" . . . unless you get smitten by the Troll first that is.

In the meantime, we know that there is no one solution, between system dependencies, and audiofool dependencies. . . 'tis a jungle out there.