How does smoke effect speakers?

I hear this all the time. so what's the deal with the smoke and speakers can someone explain? thanks for your input.
rave101ny
I was always told cigarette smoke deteriorates the surronds on old speakers. This is referring to the surrounds that were like foam as opposed to the modern surrounds that are rubber. Don't know if this is true or not.
Thanks guys;My first laugh of the day. 'Wish I was creative enough to add something;besides more smoke.
Even though I'm not a smoker, I've found that cigarette smoke makes my speakers sound sort of dry & harsh, while cigar smoke makes them sound somewhat coarse, but in an interesting, earthy way. The best smoke, smoke that SERIUOSLY improves both PRAT and Air, is from glowing jasmine-patchouli incense sticks held up by a burned-in shatki-stone holder. The stone needs to have a green-marker stripe on it at 45 degrees to the sticks while the stone itself sits on a large block of unfinished rock-maple that's spiked into the floor. The incense sticks themselves must be of hand-hewn myrtlewood and seasoned for at least three days in the urine of a in-season booroola-marino ewe...though I've heard that yak-urine also works.
lets now forget that almost everything in a room where people smoke cigarettes will start to reek. Ever been in a hotel room where smoking is allowed. The bedding, curtains and everything else in the room are filled with the smell of stale smoke. I can see the grill cloth of a speaker in such a room having a smell to them that you would then bring into your home if you bought them.