Silverline Sonata III & McIntosh MC275?

I am planning to upgrade my speakers and I am just wondering if this combination works?

I currently have the Sonata I now and the C-220 / MC275 combo works quite well with them. Haven't seen much of the McIntosh & Silverline combos around. I heard that the Sonata III are totally different than the old Sonata I. What are the sonic-differences in between them two? I researched and researched and was so discouraged just because I haven't found any info with a system which consist the two, or even a person who tried this combo... Would like to get some advice before making the purchase. Thanks!
infinity_audio
FWIW, doing a search of "MC275" and "MC-275" in the
Audiogon Virtual Systems returns a total of 32 systems using this amp. Perhaps this is a good place to research speakers.

Excellent advice Tvad, and an interesting thread. I am also looking for some easier to drive speakers after straying from my usual muscle amps (300-500wpc) to a pair of 100wpc monos. Your speaker list above is very similar to some I have considered except Classic Audio Reproductions (which I know nothing about) and Merlin (which I doubt have the level of impact I enjoy). Unfortunately, I have never had a chance to hear Silverlines.
Classic Audio Reproductions speakers are owned by Ralph Karsten and demonstrated at shows with Atma-Sphere amplification (and vice versa).

Big impact.
Alan Yun doesn't just demo his speakers with Pass Labs, he voices his
speakers with Pass Labs. He told me this in a conversation I had with him
subsequent to my Sonata III purchase. If you have ever met Alan Yun, you
would know how exacting the man is. I do not believe he uses Pass Labs for
any other reason than the amplifiers provide transparent, refined power that
enables him to design his speakers to sound the way he wants them to
sound.

Thats good Alan DOES voice his speakers with Pass. My point is and I do know for a fact that not all speaker manufacturers always use a particular company when showing their speakers at shows. I was not trying to argue but I dont think you said Alan only uses Pass in a previous thread? If you did then I apologize.

I am not trying to threadjack so carry on with the original question :)
My point is and I do know for a fact that not all speaker
manufacturers always use a particular company when showing their speakers at
shows. I was not trying to argue but I dont think you said Alan only uses Pass in
a previous thread?

Samzx12 (Threads | Answers)

I'm sorry, but I do not understand what you are trying to convey.

Also, if you click on the "markup tags" link under the Comments window where
you compose your message, you can learn how to publish a quotation.
03-11-09: Tvad
Classic Audio Reproductions speakers are owned by Ralph Karsten and demonstrated at shows with Atma-Sphere amplification (and vice versa).

This statement is a little confusing.

To be clear, Karsten owns a pair of Classic Audio Reproductions speakers, not the Classic Audio Reproductions company.