Avalon Eidolon Diamond or Aerial 20T v2.

I am trying to decide between these two speakers and was hoping to get some input from anyone who has heard either of these speakers.

I realize the best thing for me to do is go and listen to them but it is tough for me to do. I have heard each speaker but wasn't at the store to listen to either of these in particluar. I heard the Aerials when demoing a subwoofer and they where the orginals not the v2. I only heard the Avalons briefly at a store being demoed for another customer about 3-4 years ago.

From what I'm hearing in talking to dealers over the phone and to a friend who has the Eidolon Vision the Avalon's give a more holographic sound (Wider and deeper soundstage)over most other speakers. The Aerial's I'm told are not as holographic and are alittle more in your face.
audiodreamer
I own 20t's now and Eidolons before them. They are very very different speakers. Which you would prefer will come down to personal preference by ear, and associated electronics. I don't disagree with your limited descriptions but neither really describes them fully. My 20ts are very particular when it comes to electronics. I have not heard V2 yet but people I know who have have mentioned they feel they are one of the top couple of speakers in the world under $50k.
Thanks for the input guys and keep it coming. I am going to try and listen to the Eidolon in the next at a store (3 hours away) but I cannot find a Aerial dealer close that has the 20T v2 in stock.
Mmike says it best. YOU need to hear both...even if it means getting on a plane to listen to them. They are different but only YOU can decide. Both are great though.