Avalon Eidolon Diamond or Aerial 20T v2.

I am trying to decide between these two speakers and was hoping to get some input from anyone who has heard either of these speakers.

I realize the best thing for me to do is go and listen to them but it is tough for me to do. I have heard each speaker but wasn't at the store to listen to either of these in particluar. I heard the Aerials when demoing a subwoofer and they where the orginals not the v2. I only heard the Avalons briefly at a store being demoed for another customer about 3-4 years ago.

From what I'm hearing in talking to dealers over the phone and to a friend who has the Eidolon Vision the Avalon's give a more holographic sound (Wider and deeper soundstage)over most other speakers. The Aerial's I'm told are not as holographic and are alittle more in your face.
audiodreamer
Thanks for the input guys and keep it coming. I am going to try and listen to the Eidolon in the next at a store (3 hours away) but I cannot find a Aerial dealer close that has the 20T v2 in stock.
Mmike says it best. YOU need to hear both...even if it means getting on a plane to listen to them. They are different but only YOU can decide. Both are great though.
I have a BAT VK 600SE for amplification and hope to get a BAT VK 51SE (Used) or a BAT 32SE (Used or New). Currently I use a Denon AVP-A1HDCI pre/pro but am working on either the 51 or 32 to put between the Denon and the BAT amp. I have a friend who has a all top of the line BAT setup with Avalon Eidolon Vision speakers, unfortunately he is over thousand miles away so a I can't just go and hear his setup.

My room is first and foremost a dedicated theater room but over the last six months I have been listening to music in there more than watching movies. I would like to try and improve this area and still have it integrate with the room and rest of the system for HT use. I don't think improving upon my two channel setup should hurt my theater setup only improve upon it. The room is fairly well treated and with my current speakers (Aerial LR5's) with the BAT amp pushing them sounds very good with music, but I think it can be improved upon.

My current setup in my opinion is very very good for HT and if that is all I did in that room then I would not even be considering changing anything but two channel listening is a entirely new beast to me. What my setup gives me right now on two channel is a fairly good sound stage right/left and up/down, but no depth. Voices are dead center and certain instruments come in on the right and left but it all seems to me that it is flat from front to back.

My pros and cons with the two speakers are this.

Aerial 20T v2 Pros =

I have a good lead on a fairly new used pair in black.

I have the Aerial center channel CC5. Matches the brand
and the aesthetics.

Build quality and fit and finish.

I'm very happy with the Aerial brand and believe in
them. ( If it ain't broke don't fix it)

Aerial 20T v2 Cons =

I'm a little worried about the ribbon tweeter.

Are they as holographic as the Avalons.

Will they give me the bass that I want in my room. (I'd rather not use
subs on two channel)

Ship in cardboard boxes that are lined with wood inside. Should be in
crates at this price level.

Avalon Diamond Pros =

Everyone I talk to in person says they are the most holographic. Sounds
like the people are in the room with you.

I have to say just a great looking speaker with excellent build quality
and fit and finish.

Seem to hold there value better (Although everything is tougher to sell
in this economy)

Come shipped in wooden crates. This is better for resale if it comes to it.

Avalon Diamond Cons =

They don't come in black, but I can overlook this.

Harder to find them used and price. This is bad for buying but better
if you need to sell them.

Will these give me the kind of bass I want without running subs.

Like I said in my previous post I plan on going to hear the Avalons soon and I hope this will help in my decision.