Thiel CS3.6

I own an ARC VT100 MKII and can get a Thiel CS3.6 at a reasonable price. Is the VT100 capable of driving the 3.6 adequately?
jld1965
Jab, Thiel seems to disagree with you:
http://www.thielaudio.com/THIEL_Site05/PDF_files/PDF_tech_papers/techpaper_cs6.pdf
Unsound and Cmalak, I do not see in the manual where they say a VAC 30/30 class A amp will not work. I guess the VAC design studio was wrong. The Thiel manual says that that you should use a 100 watt amp. Is that 100 class A or class a/b? Are they they the same, I think not, my 30 watt class A amp as you infer will not work but my VAC 100 watt class a/b will? Both VAC amps can drive the same speakers, although I believe the 30 watt class A amp has more drive than the well reviewed 100 watt a/b amp.
On a side note I remember reading an article(Audio, Absolute Sound or Stereophile)years ago, that a high percentage of Thiel customers used Adcom 545 and 555 amps. Ouch that must of hurt ones ears, metal and solid state.
My Thiels sounded like crap until I finlly bought a Threshold SA3. Only 50 watts but high current and smooth. Lovely combo. One of the stupidest things I've done in audio was to sell this amp when I sold my speakers because my new speakers needed more power, lots more. I've never used tube amps with Thiels but I did use a tube pre-amp in combo with the Threshold. Sounded pretty good!

Jab, I tried Adcom and Perreauxs - my ears still hurt! :-)
It'd be fun to hear a high watt/high current ss amp on my 3.6s, but I've been using a pair of Quicksilver 90 watt monos for a while. Maybe a tad loose on the bottom end on some recordings, but overall quite nice sounding. Good luck.